發新話題
打印

Lockdown: 'Why haven't our BTec exams been cancelled too?'

"Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives but force the BTec students to do their exams this week, nice one."

The words of one BTec student on learning exams would be going ahead, despite GCSE and A-levels planned for summer being cancelled.

The Department of Education said that vocational exams would go ahead this month in England "where schools and colleges judge it right
to do so".

More than 100,000 technical and vocational exams were set to go ahead.

'I don't feel safe'
18-year-old Gisselle's meant to be doing a three-hour business exam on Wednesday morning. She's worried about the lack of information -
and the idea of travelling to college while in lockdown.

"Right now, me and my peers haven't got a clue how it's going to run," she tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.

"All I know is that it's meant to be in a room somewhere with computers. Honestly, I don't feel safe doing this exam right now,
it's crazy."

Experts recommend anyone sitting an exam in lockdown take the same precautions they would any other time they are out of the house.

"Exam halls are generally a lot less risky than going to a party or a busy supermarket" says virologist Dr Naomi Forrester-Soto.

She says the best thing you can do if you are worried is "to wear a mask, wash your hands and stay two metres apart from others".

But she also says that these barriers "don't completely eliminate the risk safe," and adds it's safer "staying at home".

"I just don't know how Boris can say 'all exams are cancelled' but BTecs are not included in that," says Gisselle.

"I feel people have the perception that because it's a BTec, it's easier, the content is easier, things are just easier -
when actually, it really isn't."

The Department for Education said it recognised "this is a difficult time" but wanted to allow students who had prepared for exams
and assessments to continue, including those who needed to take hands-on practical tests for qualifications for jobs.

Read the new news here. : louypaido

Great Product Info

Please try Google before asking about Cool Product Site 837f6fc

發新話題